International Black Sea University (IBSU), Tbilisi, Georgia
IBSU was opened in 1995 by the President of Georgia and the Prime Minister of Turkey. IBSU attracts students from different countries – Georgia, Iran, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Russia, Iraq, Azerbaijan, India, Egypt, Kyrgyzstan, etc. This creates international environment at the university and promotes it as a cultural center in Caucasus region.
The University is a multi-field higher education and research institution, implementing higher educational programs, organizing the higher educational activities and scientific research, conducting the creative work and publishing activity, is authorized and accredited to award all three academic levels – Bachelor (29 programs in English and Georgian), Master (13 programs in English, Turkish, and Georgian ), and Doctorate (6 programs in English, Turkish, and Georgian).
Since 2011 the University has received a new five-year authorization.
Language of Instruction has traditionally been English, in the last academic year some programs were introduced with Georgian as language of instruction. This attitude permits us both to develop/modify the existing programs in English (to make international understanding easier) and develop new programs in Georgian.
IBSU students participate in international exchange programs in USA and Europe. They have an opportunity to receive a dual degree diploma.
Basic academic units at the university are:
- Faculty of Business Management;
- Faculty of Social Sciences;
- Faculty of Computer Technologies and Engineering;
- Faculty of Education and Humanities;
- School of Languages.
- publishes IBSU Scientific Journals at each of the faculty;
- arranges local and international scientific conferences and teacher trainings;
- has signed memorandums on scientific and educational cooperation with 5 Georgian universities, states entities and organizations and 58 foreign universities and organizations including 4 universities from USA, 16 universities from Turkey, etc.
- is the member of Central and East European Management Development Association
- (CEEMAN), International Management Development Association (IMDA), International Universities Association, Association of Private Universities of Georgia, Eurasian Silk Road Universities Consortium, Association of Caucasus Universities.
- participates in 3 TEMPUS projects: MAHATMA (2012-2014); La Manch (2012-2914); Development student career services in Georgia (2012-2015)
- participates in University collaboration network at the Black Sea – UNIVER-SEA.NET (2012-2014)
The International Black Sea University, has about 2000 students, administrative staff consists of 46 people, academic staff includes 46 professors and 78 invited lecturers.